Sunday, March 30, 2008

Training in a Bottle

Many cyclists escape the harsh winter weather and spend time training in warmer destinations. They show up at Spring races with the long hours riding in Spain, Tucson or Southern California proudly displayed as distinct tan lines on their arms and legs. It can be quite intimidating to those of us who spent our winter months dreaming of warm days and coming up with every excuse not to ride the trainer. Rather than show up with pale white legs--a glaring confession of the lack of training--I prefer to lather up with self-tanner and create my own tan lines as a sort of pseudo training camp. No one will ever know the number of times I opted to kick back, drink Coke and eat chips rather than engage in any form of physical activity. Instead they will think I too spent endless hours working on my fitness on the bike. They will never know...until the gun goes off and the race begins.

Special thanks to CK for this season's training program--I am feeling fit already!

7 comments:

K-country said...

You weren't supposed to tell EVERYONE!! Don't put that stuff on before hot tubbing...makes the bubbles brown....eewww

Mox said...

And, remember to wash your hands right away after applying (especially in the webbing of your fingers) otherwise, the result is pretty scary.

Appalachian Cyclist said...

Don't worry, we don't have hot tubs in Appalachia.

goat said...

sign me up for training on the bottle . . . oh, I mean training in a bottle.

Chickin said...

Goat, I think you already train on the bottle. And don't be surprised to see me at Walkersville with my new tan. Great advice CK and Jdub.

Mox said...

Hey--is that Sir Tom in the Photo on your home page?

Chickin said...

update your blog!